Together with Alexandra Park F.C. we aim to offer local competitive football and coaching and beyond that, social involvement to young people who live in and around Haringey that involves;
* high-quality, age-appropriate professional coaching in line with FA guidelines to support player development in the long term
* structured, competitive football appropriate to all ability levels, played in a safe and friendly environment.
* a challenging, supportive learning environment
* an expectation of good behaviour & respect for others
* encouragement that players try their best and make the most of their abilities
The Football Pathway offered by APYFC can be summarised as;
Youth to Adult Transition
Alexandra Park F.C. fields adult teams that play across all divisions of the Southern Amateur Football League and each year a number of APYFC players [across all ability levels] make the transition from youth to adult football within the Alexandra Park Club.
Youth Football (Ages 12-18)
APYFC aims to run multiple teams per age group at 11-a-side football that will compete & challenge for honours across all divisions of the WFL.
The Coaching and Playing priorities for these age groups includes;
* Ensuring coaching is practical & relevant to ability levels
* Appropriate tactical instruction
* Position specific practise
* Player self reflection and analysis
* Encouragement of creativity
Mini Soccer (ages 7-11)
APYFC aims to deliver through coaching, practise and matches a Positive Learning Environment for all young footballers and supports the FA initiatives of ‘non-competitive’ Leagues as adopted by the WFL & the CGL.
Coaching and Playing priorities for these age groups includes;
* “The A, B, C’s” – development of Agility, Balance & Co-ordination
* Encouragement of creativity & risk taking
* Opportunities for success for all players
* Focus on individual needs of each player
* Opportunities to play – positional rotation & equal playing time